What You’ll Do
- Explore the caves, grottoes and limestone karst rocks of Ha Long Bay
- Visit hidden beaches and islets of Ha Long
- See the thousands of stalactites and stalagmites of Sung Sot Cave
- Cycle past rice fields to the villages of Dong Trieu
- Swim in turquoise waters and laze on sandy white beaches
- Enjoy optional Tai Chi sunrise sessions and night cuttle fishing
- Kayak the lagoons and reef of Lan Ha Bay
- Relax on board a classic junk boat, with outdoor dining deck, well-stocked bar and books to read
What to Expect
On this 3-day adventure cruise on board a junk boat, you will sail between the looming rocks and caves, rising from the blue water in the form of drums, toads,chickens and even virgins. Add on activities such as a bike ride around Hai Phong, sunrise Tai Chi sessions, visits to local schools and night cuttle fishing, and you have the ultimate Ha Long escapade.
Day 1: Hanoi – Ha Long (36 Miles / 60 Kilometers Cycling) (L,D)
Depart Hanoi for Dong Trieu town, 72 miles (120 kilometers) northwest of the city, driving through the green fields of the Red River Delta. En route you will visit one of the Humanity Centers supporting local disabled children.
Upon arrival at Dong Trieu, cycle along peaceful country lanes by the side of rice fields. You will stop to visit some schools, and the ceramic villages of Dong Trieu ceramic villages, where you can chat with locals about life in Ha Long.
Then, climb aboard a traditional wooden junk boat, for an overnight sail. You will be served a refreshing welcome drink before you begin your journey around the bay. Watch the sunset while sipping cocktails. Meet your fellow travelers with a pre-dinner drink in the bar. Dinner can be served in the restaurant or outdoor dining area. Back in the bar, unwind with the selection of books, magazines and board games, or indulge yourself with a pampering spa. The more adventurous can join the crew on a night cuttle fishing trip. Overnight on board the junk.
Day 2: Ha Long Bay Discovery (B,L,D)
Early risers can join a Tai Chi session on the sun deck to focus their mind and condition their body; and where better to practice this than among the limestone peaks of Ha Long. Salute the sunrise over the bay, or jump in for an early morning swim. Breakfast, coffee and tea is served before you transfer to a smaller boat to explore some of the more remote parts of the Lan Ha Bay.
Explore the lagoons, coral reef, and limestone peaks by kayak. Or sunbathe on one of the secluded beaches. The chef and crew will be busy preparing a barbecue lunch on a private beach (weather dependent). After lunch, visit Ho Ba Ham Islet in Lan Ha Bay on the border of the Gulf of Tonkin. Visit the Van Gia fishing village with your guide and tour the lagoons before returning to the junk for your overnight stay.
Day 3: Ha Long Bay – Hanoi (27 Miles / 45 Kilometers Cycling) (B,L)
Another Tai Chi session is available for sunrise worshippers. After breakfast, sail past some of the fancifully named caves, such as Trong Cave (Drum), Trinh Nu Cave (Virgin) and Coc Ngoi Cave (Toad). Drop anchor at Sung Sot Cave (Surprise) on Bo Hon Island to see one of the widest grottoes in Ha Long Bay. Admire the thousands of stalactites and stalagmites.
Disembark the junk boat at Ha Long City, where a driver will be waiting to transfer you back to Hanoi.
- English-speaking biking guide
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Food as per itinerary (B = Breakfast; L = Lunch; D = Dinner)
- Land transport as per itinerary (support van/bus to carry bikes and bikers)
- All entrance fees and boat trip
- Mountain bike/helmet rental
What’s Not Included
- Travel insurance (recommend you have your own)
- Tips and personal expenses (telephone, laundry etc.)
- Visa to Vietnam
- Flights to/from Vietnam
- Any other service not mentioned in itinerary
If you are interested in exploring halong bay tours price you can visit halongbaytours.com.vn to know more information.